Sunday, April 25, 2010

LAXness

The view from 1062




One tired camel

This many smarties in a 'Trail Mix'




Where we all end up


I've enjoyed 24 hours of stillness. No expressways, no pre-paying for gas and no battling with the turbulence of sem- eye- trailers. I've regressed into that memorable space where Dave took out all of Hal's personality motherboards.

I have an immediate view of LAX (see pic) and see the traffic spiralling and the cops vetting that traffic.

I'm only writing this out of habit but I've enjoyed today. Enjoying a new-found agoraphobia.

The very grand spaces of America are over there now but the West Coast awaits. Jane arrives in the morning and has five metric days to enjoy here. We fly to NY for two nights and then to London.

America is losing its novelty for me but that is replaced by a useful familiarity and I'm sure that it will come in handy.

Come on Jane.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! Sounds like you've had a good time, and are due a little R&R. I hope the rest of your adventure is as entertaining, I look forward to reading your blog everyday (some of us need to get a life!). A friend of mine has invited me join him and a group of hopeless misfits on a bike trip to Utah later this summer, I'm seriously considering going. Kim says hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would not regret it Danny. That loop over Glen Canyon National Recreation Area was a jaw-dropper. Zion National Park is supposed to be excellent too. I'd love to do it again. Take some pics and wire them to me if you can. Kind regards to Kimberley, yessir.

    ReplyDelete